Sunday, December 31, 2006

as i brush away the cobwebs

yea I havent blogged in a while and to be honest I am not sure why because I read a lot of blogs myself.

this year had its share of ups and downs as any year does. One thing though is that as I look back on this year I see a lot to be thankful for. I thank god for good health as I have become acutely aware of how much illness there is in the world. It is hard to feel sorry for yourself when there are stories of little girls with 16 pound tumorous growths in their face who had to undergo sugery and will still have disfigured features after that.

I travelled to canada and the US this year after periods of not travelling for long times. Both trips were truly memorable experiences, especially this last one to Miami. I intend to make a habit of travelling somewhere foreign every year from now on. Life is too short and if i dont treat myself who will. This is borne out by the fact that a guy I knew who was an older student at the time I was at HC died this year. One of the last things he told his friends before he died was that we in barbados have it drilled into us to constantly save money for rainy days and we dont enjoy the fruits of our labour. He said ENJOY YOUR MONEY. and then he died 4 days later. sigh RIP

Appreciated friends more than ever this year.

I am going to become more focused this year about the career as the politics in my office is going to be a real test of my temperament this year.

I am gonna be 27 next month and that would make 9 years since i left school. Wow.Nothing quite like againg. I hope that I am becoming wiser as well.

more blogging this year for sure. signing out.

1 Comments:

Blogger M. said...

WOW A BLOG!!!!

Glad to have you back :)

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home