Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Onward to Whistler

So picking up from my last post.

I arrive at the greyhound station and purchase my ticket and get into the queue to wait for the greyhound.

While waiting I engaged in some people watching. There was this redhaired dude who was pierced like if he was attacked by a rogue gang of people with staple guns. There were the backpackers. And they seemed to take that word literally because they appeared to be on the verge of chronic hernia due to the weight of those backpacks. It was quite interesting to be watching all of these people when lo and behold it occurred to me.

IT WAS COLD AS A MO@#$%^&.

I hastened for the windbreaker in my suitcase and was soon zipped up and thanking god that i didnt forget to pack it.

After seeing this the MCWGITW(most cheerful white girl in the world) laughed and asked if I was new around these parts. I told her I was from barbados and we got into a conversation. She was headed towards Squamish which was on the way to whistler.

Finally we boarded the greyhound(these are actually pretty comfortable and I can see why people like to travel by them.)

Now I mentioned last time that everything in Canada is far. Well this was no different. The ride to whistler ended up taking about 3 1/2 hours. And this was being mostly on highways and country roads with broad lanes and almost little to no traffic to hold us up. And the driver was driving fast to boot.(nutting just aint close atall)

Despite the length of the trip, I thoroughly enjoyed this because Canada is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. I mean even in downtown vancouver there is so much greenery to be seen. and when we left the city I was just a sight. Beautiful lakes, forests and rugged natural landscape. Even where there is human development you can see the care to be as unintrusive towards nature.

It is also the greenest place I have ever seen. I doubt there are many places if any with more trees than rural vancouver. SO I am just driving in complete awe of all of this beauty.

I wonder how many canadians take the time to take this all in. If not it really is a crying shame.

Man, so I finally arrive at the greyhound bus loop. And then the real fun begins.

4 Comments:

Blogger marie said...

*decides to be contrary*

Bah! I'm sure Canada has its "moments", but nowhere is as beautiful in the "winter wonderland" sense as

*pauses and sips maple syrup loyally*

VERMONT!

They don't call it the "green mountain state" for nothing!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Leelee said...

Oooh oooh thats the 2nd time this wk I heard about VT being the green mountain state...I like Canada but I havent done Montreal or Vancouver...I was more Toronto and Nova Scotia/Halifax...anyways on with the story...and send the naked pics you know!

5:53 AM  
Blogger marie said...

See Lizzle? See how talked about my beloved state is?

I've only been to Montreal what with the Canadian border being one hour from my school and all...lol.

I absolutely adored Montreal; it was so unfathomably beautiful! It was the most delightful mix of an old European charm and a modern, cosmopolitan air. I wanted to kneel and kiss the cobble stoned streets!

10:27 AM  
Blogger M. said...

My man... you ain blog since THIS???

Try and BLOG man!

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home