Wednesday, June 28, 2006

vancouver trip tales begin now




couple shots of downtown vancouver.

and here i begin my tale


so the flight to toronto was pretty uneventful. The food itself was pretty bland but the air hostesses were pleasant and the in flight radio selection wasnt half bad.

SO I arrived in toronto at pearson airport which I have to say is enormous. I had to get on a shuttle and ride for 30 mins to get from my plane to customs. YEA, that might give you an idea of how large Pearson is.

PEarson despite its size is extraordinarily efficient. It took me probably about 20 mins after disembarking the shuttle to get through customs

So having some time to kill in the airport between my connecting flights, I called home and checked in with my mother and walked around the terminals. There were plenty of hot asian chicks.(yea yea so sue me)

Well I finally boarded my flight to vancouver. Another 5 hour odyssey.(everything in canada is far. As I am one of those persons who can never fall asleep on planes, this second trip felt like torture at times. Changing time zones didnt help either.

I arrived in vancouver and once again customs was super efficient. Only thing was that one of my suitcases was beaten up. I was very annoyed but there was no air canada personnel around at the time to complain to.

So I was supposed to take a greyhound bus from downtown vancouver to whistler village where my buddy got married.

SO while I was still at the airport I called the greyhound station to see if they were open at this early hour in the morning. I just kept getting the please hold message.

SO I asked one of the taxi guys outside if the station was open at thi searly hour in the morning. He give me an enthusiastic yes. Now normally my bullshit metre whould have gone off but I guess the time of the morning and the rigors of my flight dulled my senses.

So I got in and we drove to downtown vancouver where the station was. This is in the morning mind you and it is pitch black and vancouver had been having bad weather recently.

I got out at the station and it was closed. I was furious because pretty much the taxi driver had only been looking to make an easy buck. A local such as himself operating at the airport should have known this.

Whats more there were like 17 drug addicts all rund the parking lot and so on shooting up heroin needles.

Well I chewed the taxi guy out. And then the guy looks at me and asks me if i want to stay here. I was like what the hell do you think.

So we made our way back to the airport where I slept in the lobby till it was brighter and could make my way back to the station when I knew it would be open.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its about time!

so this is part one?

10:31 AM  
Blogger CrazyV said...

i read ur blog from time to time but i only commenting now coz i miss canada a lil bit and just coz the taxi driver thing is sooooo gosh darn funny. i swear everyone who's taken a taxi in canada has be swindled at some point. and i'm glad u realised in the early that everything in canada is far.
yeah pearson is getting bigger and bigger. the shuttle thing is fairly new. but i like standing in moving vehicles *blush* so i enjoyed it alot last yr.

11:40 AM  
Blogger marie said...

Wha alright den Rhanda! I swear Splint is attempting to set a record for delayed updates...

*tsk tsk; shakes head sadly*

6:14 PM  
Blogger Leelee said...

Trust 12 the Porpoise to be up in here, the girl smells Canada like some cinnabons boy! Great Rog, so now we wait another month for the next part? By time the couple celebrating their first anniversary we will get to the wedding :P Kidding, kidding!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Leelee said...

PS. Never been swindled by taxi driver in Canada...dude just almost killed us! Skidding off the snow covered road at 3am on the way to the airport cuz he was nodding off...uh...not cool at all...

10:47 AM  
Blogger Splint said...

yea yea i know i have been tardy with it.

i was tryng to blog from work but blogger seems very unresponsive during the day to me.

well i have a whole bunch of other tales.

Canada ROCKS

5:36 AM  
Blogger M. said...

PICKYTURES!!!!! :D Finally!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home